Saturday, May 12, 2012

National Foster Care Awareness Month

I have read some fabulous blogs since the beginning of May, which is National Foster Care Awareness Month.

It started with Minnie at FosterAdoption, letting me know that this is a special month and all the ways that people can get involved without actually becoming foster parents.  This led me on a blog search to learn even more about foster care.  I have found some great ones, most recently Percolated Paradox, written by a woman who aged out of the foster care system after 42 placements. FOURTY-TWO!  (the graphic below was created by her)

I have pinned many foster/adoptive blogs on Pinterest.  Here are some of my favorites:

Foster Parenting Adventures
I Was a Foster Kid
Standing on His Promise

Here's wishing you a great month and greater awareness of the foster care system in the USA.


No comments:

Post a Comment