Saturday, July 14, 2012

Petition to Protect Young Children

This petition was started by a lady I know personally.  Its called

Revise / establish a law that recognizes and acknowledges emotional trauma in small children

 Please look this over, and sign if you agree!  I'm surprised there isn't already legislation to cover this situation, honestly.  I'm all for parental rights and less government interfering in our daily lives.  However, if a parent abandons a child to another caregiver for a significant length of time, the baby isn't going to know the parent and be attached to the caregiver instead.  Foster kids are often diagnosed with RAD, and abandonment is one of the main reasons.  Even if that parent comes back, the damage to the child's trust has occurred.   (Just my two cents.  I'm not an expert by any means.)

No comments:

Post a Comment