Monday, July 16, 2007

More rigid schedule arrives

Vacation was nice, and very needed. I read a book - almost 900 pages - that I got for Christmas last year. I'm ready for the final Harry Potter now! Yes, I'm one of those who pre-ordered it, but not excited enough to go to a release party at midnight.

We visited the Sears Tower and the Magnificent Mile while in Chicago, and of course ate some pizza. In Columbus, Ohio, we enjoyed not having a retail booth this year, and focused on having fun and relationship building, in addition to our business sponsoring the poker events. Attendance was a bit low this year due to less promotion on our part, but it ran smoothly, thanks to my bro-in-law, our resident poker guru.

It took a few days to get back on top of things once we returned home, but we are in a new routine now. I have taken on more hours at the store to try and help turn things aroun.

The dirt-moving is finished at our new home site, but no grass is growing yet. I am still waiting on heat/air to be installed, and the sanding on the walls to be completed before doing the painting myself. I think we're still on target for moving in last August or September. I hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment