Saturday, June 21, 2008

Wireless internet (WiFi) and its health effects

The article I've been waiting to see: http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2008/06/21/are-you-allergic-to-wireless-internet.aspx?source=nl

This is something I have been wondering about, especially as I learn more about the effects of cell phones on adults, children, and the unborn.  We have a wireless router in our home and at work, and I am always on my laptop.  My son is 3.5, and we've had WiFi in our homes for 4-5 years, but didn't have it at work until the last year or so so my exposure has increased.  Also, I've only had the laptop since last October. 

So I think I may turn of the wireless router and use a really really long network cable for when I am on my laptop...and use the desktop when I can.  I don't think that will go over very well with the DH, so it could take some time to transition to a safer lifestyle for all of us.

We also have a company soliciting us that builds wireless towers and leases the space on them to telephone and internet companies.  We haven't signed the lease for our land yet, and I'm wondering if any one has done studies on the health effects of living near a tower like this??  It will be fairly close to the house, so while the money is good, it may not be worth the danger.

Updated March 2013:  We never got rid of the wireless router.  We also did not have a company put up a wireless tower on our land.  I did get a little electronic plug-in that is supposed to help negate the ill effects of wireless energy floating around the house, about a year ago.  Who knows if it works, but its not hurting anything!

No comments:

Post a Comment